Reflections from an HL7 FHIR Applications Roundtable Presenter
The HL7 FHIR Applications Roundtable
I felt there were three important things I needed.
- I needed all of my medical records to better understand my illness. I wanted to learn everything about my cancer and understand if I was going to die from this. I also wanted to connect with another woman in Oklahoma City who had kidney cancer.
- I wanted to talk with her, ask her how her life has changed, and have someone who understood my questions and fears.
- After losing my sister to brain cancer and my mother to Alzheimer’s, I wanted to connect with researchers to understand what they are doing to solve these devastating illnesses and what I could do to help.
The ONC Challenge
See FHIR in Action at the Next HL7 FHIR Applications Roundtable
The MyLinks app will be presented at the next HL7 FHIR Applications Roundtable in Washington, DC on September 27-28, 2018. The event will feature over 40 demos of FHIR-based solutions by health IT leaders, including the following:
- Microsoft Azure API: Automated Deployment for FHIR Servers, Michael Hansen, Microsoft
- MedTrue & Family Caregiver – Julie Rockey, Geisinger Health Systems & Merck
- iBlueButton – Randy Ullrich, Humetrix
- Longitudinal Timeline & Geomapping – Abigail Watson, Symptomatic
- Death on FHIR – Paula Braun/Stephen Wertz, Center for Disease Control & Prevention
- Docket® – Michael Perretta, Foxhall Wythe, co-winner of ONC Move Health Data Forward Challenge
- 1upHealth API Platform – Ricky Sahu, 1upHealth